Dolores Daiquiri!

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I am madly in love with anything vintage and have been for over 20 years or so now. The appeal for me with the 1940s and 1950s started when I was a teenager because I just didn't find the modern lifestyle appealing or romantic. So from about the age of seventeen I was hooked on the clothing, the furniture and the music. I can't get enough and enjoy being around others who love it as much as me. What a way to live! I wouldn't ask for it any other way. Now I can write a blog about my lifestyle and the things I enjoy and feel passionate about.

'The Girl Can't Help It' - Posts

Dolores Daiquiri!

Dolores Daiquiri!

Fabulous Followers

Welcome from 'The Girl Can't Help It'

I would love for you to join my blog and leave comments if so desired.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

27 February 2010

Help With My Creative Crafty Space - Ideas Please!!

I have decided to develop an inspirational space for myself to create and relax and need your help with ideas. I have a small area that consists of a desk, bench and wall which will be fine for what I want. The desk currently has my sewing machine and overlocker on it and the bench has some of my husbands magazines there (sshhh don't tell him but they are going to be moved). The wall has a cork board that has plenty of photos and flyers on it but I want to remove those and start fresh.
This is where you all come in. I need help deciding how to decorate and get started. First off I am not a shabby sheik or old antique type of girl so that style is out. I am more of a 40s/50s vintage type of gal so my theme would be around those eras and 20s/30s.
Here are some photos I have found which I will take bits and pieces of inspiration from to come up with a space I love. What do you think ladies??? If you have any ideas or photos please let me know. I am keen to get started asap.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

  1. I am working on my sewing room too! But right now mines a huge mess with boxes of things I haven’t found storage for. What I am doing in mine is putting up a wall of handing frames (with removable sticky hooks – they are amazing! ) with my favourite pictures of 50’s film stars, dancers, costumes and things that just inspire me to no end.
    You might like to have a look at The Dainty Squid and her craft space on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaylah7/sets/72157605807290078/

    ReplyDelete
  2. some of those pictures are so amazing, I would love a space like that! I would suggest doing the barebones of the room first, so get your storage and space sorted then you can decide what you want decoration wise from there.

    I'm like you a 40s/50s chick, but in the years I've been redoing rooms I've quite often found I have a plan which then doesn't work so now I do it more organically, does that make sense!

    Would love to see the space when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advise. I really appreciate it. I will take it on board and start with the barebones and go from there. I will post some pix when it is up and running. Hopefully within the next month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the teal color on the walls. this makes me want to work on my own studio space! p.s. cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete