Dolores Daiquiri!

My photo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I am madly in love with anything vintage and have been for over 20 years or so now. The appeal for me with the 1940s and 1950s started when I was a teenager because I just didn't find the modern lifestyle appealing or romantic. So from about the age of seventeen I was hooked on the clothing, the furniture and the music. I can't get enough and enjoy being around others who love it as much as me. What a way to live! I wouldn't ask for it any other way. Now I can write a blog about my lifestyle and the things I enjoy and feel passionate about.

'The Girl Can't Help It' - Posts

Dolores Daiquiri!

Dolores Daiquiri!

Fabulous Followers

Welcome from 'The Girl Can't Help It'

I would love for you to join my blog and leave comments if so desired.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

09 February 2011

A Salute To Redheads

Myrna Loy
Just wanted to celebrate and salute every gorgeous redhead out there. Being one myself and with a new haircut I am somewhat proud of my 'tribe'.
The first shot below is of myself  just after getting my new short haircut. I had long hair for ten years and it was time to go. The cut and style is a cross between 1940s Hollywood actress Jane Wyman and 1950s singer Keely Smith. Hope you like it!! All the other shots are of famous sexy redheads (not sure if they are all natural) I admire.

Maureen O'Hara

Lucille Ball
Tempest Storm
Rhonda Fleming
Ann Sheridan
Christina Hendricks

11 comments:

  1. Very gorgeous hair you have, I wish I had the right complexion to carry off red hair x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red heads rule! Even tho I don't have natural red hair.. my hair is red for sure :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red is the new blonde. I wonder what Snow White would look like with red hair? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, another redhead blogger! Love your new haircut :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I'm so happy to find some redhead love over here! I'm a redhead and love to fly the flag, your hair looks just swell. What a fabulous blog. Love Christine x Swing by and visit me sometime at www.thebigmacblog.com the more redheads the merrier!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free Mulberry outlet!! I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that red hair is celebrated now...I used to hate it and get teased when I was a kid, but now all I get is compliments! Great blog by the way

    ReplyDelete